Competency Based Interview Questions
Many people dread competency based questions but the truth is, once you have an answer prepared all you need to do is tweak it depending on the job you are applying for. We're here to help eliminate the stress and worry that surrounds ‘interviews’, so we have broken it down into 2 easy steps for you, our lovely candidates.
How will I know it’s a competency-based interview question?
This is simple when you hear questions starting with:
- How would you…
- What would you do if…
- Can you explain how you would…
Then you know it is a competency-based question.
What are they looking for?
When answering this type of question you will need to:
- Explain how you would handle the situation normally giving them a step by step answer.
- ALWAYS GIVE AN EXAMPLE: You give an answer based on a past work experience situation, where you mention the company you worked for, how you managed the situation and give them a rough timeline of when it happened.
Stick to the point, describe how you actually handled the situation step by step.
Always give an example, whether asked for one or not. When in doubt give an example.
The reason for this being, the employer wants to see how you have previously handled such a situation, so now is your time to shine, show them what you’ve got.
What can they ask me?
What they can ask is different based on the industry you want to work in. We have created a list of possible competency based interview questions for the sectors that we have multilingual jobs in, simply click on the links below and get interview ready for:
- Customer Service Interview Questions
- Marketing Interview Questions
- Finance Interview Questions
- Sales Interview Questions
Competency-based questions are not to be feared, with great advice like this, if we do say so ourselves and access to friendly recruiters who are only a phone call away to help you.