Customer Service Interview Questions:
What can you be asked in an interview for a customer service job?
These questions will follow along with the lines of competency-based interview questions where the interviewer tries to find out your skill level and what you would do and have done in certain situations relating to a customer service job.
Below we will guide you through the possible customer service interview questions you may be asked, so sit back, relax and get yourself interview ready with us.
Possible Customer Service Interview Questions
- What would you do if you were given 10 tasks but only have time for 8?
- Tell me what you know about a ticketing system.
- What do you know about a ticketing system?
- How well do you work under pressure?
- Do you work well with a team?
- What would you do if you had to deal with a problem last minute?
- How would you deal with an angry client/customer?
- Give me an example of when you went the extra mile for a customer?
- How would you solve a problem creatively or in a creative way?
- If you had to decline an urgent request from a client what would you do?
- What targets did you deal with in the past and what were their results?
- Why should we hire you for this Customer Service Role?
The majority of these questions are competency based so follow our GOLDEN RULE: You should always give an example, whether the interviewer asked for one or not. When in doubt give an example. The reason for this being, the employer wants to see how you have previously handled such a situation, so now is your time to shine, show them what you’ve got.