Customer Service Interview Questions:
If you are applying for a customer service jobs, then you’ve come to the right place, Careertrotter places many candidates all over the globe in customer service roles and our clients are always happy to have them because our candidates are well prepared and ace the interview.
What is customer service?
Customer Service first of all is knowing that the ‘customer is king’, the ‘customer is always right’. Keeping the customer happy is the main role of a customer service agent. As you are usually the first point of contact, how you present yourself and your overall attitude is always remembered. Customer service is all about the customer and the service you provide, it will be your job to build positive relationships with them, making sure that their experience with the company is a confident one and in doing so the overall reputation of the company is increased.
What can be asked in an interview for a customer service job?
These questions will follow along the lines of competency based interview questions where the interviewer tries to find out your skill level and what you would do and have done in certain situations relating to the customer service job. Below we will guide you through the possible customer service interview questions you may be asked, so sit back, relax and get yourself interview ready with us.
Possible Customer Service Interview Questions
- What would you do if you where given 10 tasks but only have time for 8?
- Tell me what you know about a ticketing system.
- What do you know about a ticketing system?
- How well do you work under pressure?
- Do you work well within a team?
- What would you do if you had to deal with a problem last minute?
- How would you deal with an angry client/customer?
- Give me an example of when you went the extra mile for a customer?
- How would you solve a problem creatively or in a creative way?
- If you had to decline an urgent request from a client what would you do?
- What targets did you deal with in the past and what where their results?
- Why should we hire you for this Customer Service Role?
The majority of these questions are competency based so follow our GOLDEN RULE: You should always give an example, whether the interviewer asked for one or not. When in doubt give an example. The reason for this being, the employer wants to see how you have previously handled such a situation, so now is your time to shine, show them what you’ve got.